The 21st Century Scholar blog will feature the following posts about homelessness during the week of July 17th:
- Monday: “Homeless Kids at My School” by Ronald E. Hallett
Ronald defines homeless youth and how the federal government protects their sustained access to education.
- Tuesday: “Impact of Homelessness: A Homeless Liaison’s Perspective” by Melissa Schoonmaker
Melissa explains how she coordinates the resources and services for the more than 16,000 homeless students who attend school within the LAUSD.
- Wednesday: “Moving Beyond the Master Framing of Homelessness” by Peter Miller
Peter encourages community stakeholders to move toward more nuanced understandings of and responses to student homelessness
- Thursday: “Victimization of Homeless Youth” by Connie Chung
Connie explains why navigating between victimization and self-preservation is a persistent and encompassing concern for homeless youth.
- Friday: “Homeless Youth–>Next Steps” by Ronald E. Hallett
Ronald suggests that a concerted and collaborative effort among researchers, practitioners, policymakers, and other educational leaders could lead to increased educational opportunities for homeless youth.