The 21st Century Scholar blog will feature the following posts during the week of June 17, 2012:
- Monday: “Keep Dumb Kids Out of College” by Bill Tierney
Bill questions people who say that underprepared students are dragging down college education.
- Tuesday: “P. Diddy, Education, and Opportunity” by Randy Clemens
Randy discusses our collective responsibility to education as a public good.
- Wednesday: “The Promise of Community Colleges, Again” by Bill Tierney
Bill argues that community colleges can’t do it all; they need to be mission-focused.
- Thursday: “Thursday is TechDay” by Stefani Relles
Stefani discusses using Instagram as an ethnographic data source
- Friday: “Public Postsecondary Enrollment in California, 2009 & 2010″ by Bill Tierney
Bill plots out California’s declining public postsecondary enrollment the last couple of years.