The 21st Century Scholar blog will feature the following posts for the week of September 24th:
- Monday: “National Punctuation Day!” by Bill Tierney
Bill and his advisee, Jason Perkins, quiz readers on their punctuation skills. Answers may be found here.
- Tuesday: “For-Profit Colleges, Costs, and the Presidential Candidates“ by Constance Iloh
Constance discusses how Barack Obama and Mitt Romney have framed two contemporary concerns in higher education: for-profit colleges and college costs.
- Wednesday: “AERA 2025: Remembrance of (Academic) Things Past” by Bill Tierney
Bill presents six key challenges that AERA faces in near and distant future.
- Thursday: “The Thursday Pop” by Kristan Venegas
Venegas blogs about financial aid and pop culture.
- Friday: “Looking for a Job and Asking the Right Questions” by Randy Clemens
Randy discusses what’s important to ask while interviewing for a faculty position.