The 21st Century Scholar blog will feature the following posts for the week of July 23rd:
- Monday: “The Promise of Community Colleges, Again” by Bill Tierney
Bill argues that until we accept that community colleges can’t do everything, we set these potentially very successful institutions (and their students) up for failure.
- Tuesday: “Institutional Quality or Brand Equity? A Higher Education Conundrum” by Constance Iloh
Connie talks about the complexities of understanding higher education institutional quality separate from the institution’s “brand.”
- Wednesday: “The Goldilocks Principle” by Bill Tierney
Bill explains that our colleges and universities have a version of the Goldilocks principle with regard to our mission.
- Thursday: Thursday is TechDay by Stefani Relles
Stefani will blog about iPhones in the classroom.
- Friday: “SummerTIME is Only the Beginning” by Lisa D. Garcia
Lisa reflects on the Center’s annual summer program, including her worries about the longterm success of students.