The 21st Century Scholar blog will feature the following posts during the week of February 4, 2013:
- Monday: “Twelve Inconvenient Truths—IV” by Bill Tierney
Bill challenges Richard Vedder’s assertion that colleges students work and learn little but still party hard.
- Tuesday: “Ph.D Student Soundtrack Part 2″ by Constance Iloh
Connie provides more thoughtful music selections that symbolize the doctoral student experience.
- Wednesday: “Twelve Inconvenient Truths—V” by Bill Tierney
Bill debunks the myth that colleges are not a force for income equality.
- Thursday: “The Thursday Pop: The Day I Asked Faculty If They Play Video Games” by Kristan Venegas
Kristan reflects on the day she asked other USC faculty if they play video games.
- Friday: “Notes from a Digital Notebook: Part 2, Writing and Organizing Ideas” by Randy Clemens
Randy discusses how he uses tech to organize writing.