The 21st Century Scholar Blog is featuring the following posts for the week of September 10th:
- Monday: “The Nation is ‘Really, Really, Really,’ At-Risk: U.S. Education Reform and National Security” by Bill Tierney
Bill explains how alarmist writing and opinions are not that effective.
- Tuesday: “Not ‘Profiting from People’s Pain’: Remembering the Transformational Role of Education Researchers” by Constance Iloh
Constance discusses one low-income woman’s powerful perception of education researchers and the importance of realizing our capacity to create change inside and outside of the academy.
- Wednesday: ”Best Book of the Year—Not” by Bill Tierney
Bill Tierney, Kris Renn, and Susan Twombly discuss the best higher ed book of the year.
- Thursday: “Thursday is TechDay” by Stefani Relles
Stefani talks about academic job search engines.
- Friday: “Incubating Ideas” by Zoe Corwin
Zoe discusses the role of incubation in learning and education.