The 21st Century Scholar blog will feature the following posts for the week of August 23rd:
- Monday: “Understanding the Controversy Surrounding For-Profit Higher Education” by Bill Tierney
Bill talks about two underlying problems plaguing for-profit higher education.
- Tuesday: “Reflections on Caring, Consumer Protection, and College Success” by Constance Iloh
Constance discusses the intricacies of consumer protection and how they are linked to college success outcomes.
- Wednesday: “The Prose and Con of Supporting Bad Teachers” by Bill Tierney
Bill urges the California Teachers Association (CTA) to support SB 1530 when it’s reintroduced.
- Thursday: “Thursday is Tech Day” by Stefani Relles
Stefani blogs about higher education job search engines.
- Friday: “Tips for Finding a Tenure-Track Faculty Position” by Randy Clemens
Randy shares his experiences as he transitions from graduate student to full-time faculty member.